CST 338 Week 4 Reflection - Markov Code

Markov Code Reflection

Who did you work with?

I worked with Guillermo and Luis. We met on Thursday this past week and assigned a person to review another person’s code. 

My Markov Strategy

I started by following the video to start the code during office hours. From there, I used the Markov Prompt to create the necessary methods and structured the code so that it would run and I could see the outcome of the MarkovTest. Next, I would identify the easiest test to pass and code those methods, making my way toward the methods that are more interdependent with other methods. If I get stuck on creating code, I move to pencil/paper to get some ideas down before going back to IntelliJ. 

Team members' Markov Strategies

Guillermo codes his method one at a time but first tries to visualize the functionality of the whole program. He looks for the first thing that needs to be done to make the program functional. He does not run the unit tests until all methods have been coded. From there, he debugs his codes and fixes any errors that may arise.

Luis writes out a stub for each method along with Javadoc commentation. At the end of the prompt provided to us, he started coding the methods. He comes up with a rough mental plan of what he needs to do and starts coding. He does not run his unit tests until his code is complete. 

Changes to my strategy

I would analyze the methods more closely than I have before. As Guillermo and Luis did, I would start by focusing more on the functionality of the whole program and coding the least interdependent methods. 

Javadoc Comment Feedback

I received feedback from Luis regarding the Java coding style. He mentioned that, overall, the code I wrote looks well structured, but the comments need to include what the method returns and what parameters are taken into the method. I did not know about the automated application of some of the styling guide rules. I plan to play around with this option to better structure my code. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 - Week 8

CST 300 - Week 5

CST 300 - Week 4